All you need to know about Pilates
Pilates for rehabilitation is a body conditioning method that works in a different way to other fitness techniques.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
Pilates targets the deep postural muscles and works by building strength from the inside out. Directed at correcting muscle imbalances for both strength and flexibility. Pilates helps to reshape your body, which will become longer, leaner and more toned.
Your breathing will become more efficient, your posture and balance will improve; your movements will become more flowing and effortless; unwanted stress and tension can be dealt with and self managed more effectively.
WHO IS IT FOR?
Pilates is ideal for someone who has never done an exercise class before to the professional athlete. Its slow, controlled approach means that it gives longer term results.
Pilates offers both mental and physical training, literally teaching you to be in control of your body. Athletes will use Pilates to enhance their performance and avoid the risk of injury.
By improving body awareness, tension is released from the body and correct postural alignment is taught. You are taught good movement skills, step by step, which will ultimately give you the confidence and skill to alter any previous faulty movement patterns, which may be contributing to any re-occurring aches and pains.
6 REASONS TO CHOOSE REDBOURN PHYSIOTHERAPY CLINIC FOR YOUR PILATES CLASSES?
- Our classes take place in our new, bright and airy studio.
- We have a maximum of 8 people in each class, allowing the instructor to make sure that everyone is doing the exercises properly and getting the most out of the class.
- The sessions may be done in addition to your physiotherapy treatment or as stand alone sessions.
- Several of our Pilates instructors are post graduate Chartered Physiotherapists, who have, in addition to their physiotherapy degree, completed an accredited Pilates instructors course.
- All our instructors work to a code of practice that governs their teaching standards and professional ethics. They have to maintain their continued professional development in order to maintain their professional indemnity insurance.
- We run courses throughout the week, evenings and weekends. We have courses to suit all abilities, beginners courses, courses for Men only, courses suited to the more mature person.
Total beginners are recommended to do a couple of 1:1 classes before they join a class, but we also have a class specifically for beginners.
We also offer Yoga and Toning Courses for all abilities.
We have limited availability on all our courses, so book now to avoid disappointment. 01582 834495.